- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- Describe his upbringing and education.
- What were the four types of plays he wrote?
- Where were his plays performed and by whom?
- Besides writing plays, what other skills made Shakespeare a "jack of all trades?"
- When and where did Shakespeare die?
- Why do we still read his works today? (Hint: think of theme)
- Find several famous quotations that originated in Shakespeare's works. Mention the works from which they come.
More on Shakespeare's Life
Define and give an example of each.
- sonnet (Elizabethan)
- iambic pentameter
- blank verse
- irony (dramatic)
- irony (verbal)