lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012
jueves, 25 de octubre de 2012
History of Halloween
Answer the following question with information found at: http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/history.htm
1. What does the word “Halloween” mean? _____________________________________
2. Roman Catholics, Episcopalians and Lutherans used to observe All Hallows Day to honor ____________________________________________________________
3. Pope Boniface IV introduced All Saints' Day to replace __________________________.
4. When was this festival observed? ________________________________________.
5. Who celebrated "Samhain" (pronounced "sow-in")? _____________________________.
6. Most of the customs connected with the Day are remnants of the ancient religious beliefs and rituals, first of the _________________ and then of the _______________ who conquered them.
Answer the following questions with information found at:
7. What did the Celts believed happened on the last day of October? ____________________________________________________________
8. In what century did the Christian church make November 1 All Saints' Day? _______________
9. October 31, or the night before took on other names, what were some of the other names that Halloween was called? _____________________________________________________
, way of keeping the memory of their
dead relatives and loved ones alive?
, the celebrate
______________________________ which means____________________ which begins on
the evening of _________________. Mexico
Answer the questions based on the video clips at: http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/halloween/?page=video
1. What is the Title of the clip? _____________________________
2. Why was it “creepy”? What happened? Give at least two reasons _________________________
3. What is the Title of the clip? _____________________________4. Why was it “creepy”? What happened? Give at least two reasons _________________________
martes, 23 de octubre de 2012
- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- Describe his upbringing and education.
- What were the four types of plays he wrote?
- Where were his plays performed and by whom?
- Besides writing plays, what other skills made Shakespeare a "jack of all trades?"
- When and where did Shakespeare die?
- Why do we still read his works today? (Hint: think of theme)
- Find several famous quotations that originated in Shakespeare's works. Mention the works from which they come.
More on Shakespeare's Life
Define and give an example of each.
- sonnet (Elizabethan)
- iambic pentameter
- blank verse
- irony (dramatic)
- irony (verbal)
martes, 16 de octubre de 2012
lunes, 15 de octubre de 2012
Jack Sparrow races to recover the heart of Davy Jones to avoid enslaving his soul to Jones' service, as other friends and foes seek the heart for their own agenda as well.
EN ESTE LINK PODRÁS VER EL TRAILER DE LA PÉLÍCULA :
EN EL SIGUIENTE LINK ENCONTRARÁS LAS ACTIVIDADES QUE DEBES REALIZAR DETALLADAMENTE Y LOS RESPECTIVOS ENLACES PARA OBTENER INFORMACIÓN.